<<< Go Back
This installation guide is for the 2014-2017
GMC Sierra 1500 and 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 to install the 30" 150W LED light bar behind the grille. For more detail about this product, please visit
Chevrolet Silverado 1500/GMC Sierra 1500 Behind-The-Grille LED Light Bar.
Step 1: Prepare the LED Light Bar
- Insert the rail mount base piece into the opening gap in the middle of the LED light bar
- Slide the piece until it’s exactly 5.5 inches from the edge.
- Lock the rail mount base piece with the included hex tool.
- Further assemble the rail mount. Place the M10 bolt with center gap in between the base piece. Slide in the longer M8 bolt through the rail mount base piece and the M10 bolt. Secure the spring washer and nut.
- Repeat these steps for the other side.
Step 2: Unscrew the Grille
- Open the hood, and remove the hood cover by unclipping the plastic fasteners.
- Unscrew the four bolts holding the grille with a 10mm socket wrench.
- Pull out the 3 clips behind the grille.
There are 2 ways you can deal with the grille: you can either carefully pry out the grille to give you enough space to insert your LED light bar through the gap, or remove the grille entirely. We discovered that the grille of our tested GMC Sierra 1500 has some give and the spacing to install our LED light bar without removing the grille. However this may be impossible to perform for other trims or models such as the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 for which our LED light bar is also compatible with. Additionally, you may risk scratching your LED light bar and breaking parts of the grille.
Step 3: Fully remove the grille. For some trims and models, the grille does not give your hand the clearance to reach through them. Follow these steps if this case applies to you.
- To begin, unscrew the bolt securing the fender flare located at the wheel well.
- Pull out the fender flare to reveal the two clips holding the bumper fascia to the fender. Pop out the clips. Repeat these steps for the other side.
- Remove the bumper fascia.
- Remove the screws located at the bottom of the grille, one screw location is indicated on the picture below.
Step 4: If you choose not to remove the grille, you can pry open the grille to give you enough space to slide in your LED light bar. Do this only if your car allows for it.
- Pull grille upwards and back to give your LED light bar clearance. The grille needs to be pulled upwards then backwards because there are still a couple screws on the bottom holding the grille as we previously mentioned.
- Slowly put your LED light bar through the gap. As you can see, it is now sitting inside behind the grille.
Step 5: Install the exclusively designed LED lightbar mounting brackets
- Remove the two screws located behind the emblem on both sides, indicated below, using a 10mm wrench.
- After the bolt is removed, pull back the piece that was held by the screws to slide in the LED light bar holding brackets.
- Bolt back the screws through the second hole of the L-shaped support bracket.
Step 6: Install the LED light bar
- The shorter leg of the L-shaped mounting bracket is where you’ll be mounting the LED light bar onto.
- Slide in the angle adjustment cap on the rail mount. This locks your LED light bar in the up/down angle of your choosing once you bolt in the rail mount to the L-shaped support bracket.
- Once you have chosen your angle, bolt in the rail mount with the spring washer and nut to fully secure your LED light bar. Make sure you have one hand holding the LED light bar and the other screwing in the nut first.
Step 7: Connect the LED light bar to an existing harness/12V power source or install a relay and switch.
- Follow our guide for step by step instructions on how to install a relay and switch.
Step 8: Test all of your lights to make sure everything functions. If so, refasten all the screws and clips you removed to finish installation. You can now enjoy your GMC’s new LED light bar!