This installation guide will show you how to open the BMW E46 3 Series headlight lamps for installing the BMW E46 LED Halo Rings (applies for 80-108, 80-109, 80-110, 80-111, 80-112, 80-901). You can find these products under BMW LED Halo Rings for Angel Eyes .
1) Open your hood. Using a Philips head screw driver to remove the side marker first.
2) Pull the lamp assembly forward and away from the vehicle.
3) Lift up the five (5) tabs indicated by the arrows and pull the trim away from the headlight.
4) There are three (3) more tabs on the sides of the headlight. Release those as well. Remove the bottom piece away from the headlight.
5) Release the additional seven (7) that hold the lens assembly to the headlight as indicated with the yellow arrows. Remove the lens.
6) Release the seven (7) clips that hold the bezel to the headlight. Remove the bezel.
7) Use the supplied clips and double sided tape to mount the rings.
8) Remove the four (4) plastic clips that hold the intake duct assembly in place and remove.
9) Remove the high beam H7 bulb and peel back the rubber insulator.
10) De-pin the plastic connector from the angel eye rings by pushing down the exposed metal on the top of the connector and pulling the prong out from the back.
11) Guide the wires from the rings through the headlight and through the opening of where the H7 bulb goes. A small incision may have to be made to allow room for the wires. Pull the wires through with pliers.
12) Re-pin the connectors. Before inserting the prongs, push up the metal that was depressed from step 10. Pull the prongs through until it is secured within the connector.
13) On the top of the engine compartment, there is an open area that contains the grounding and positive terminals of the vehicle. This is where you will mount the relay and majority of the wiring. The rubber grommet gives access to inside the cabin; the Yellow/Grey wire can be navigated through this into the cabin to your foot area light positive wire and have it tapped there.
14) Mount the relay to somewhere inside this compartment and connect the ground wire to one of the two grounding locations shown in the previous picture.
15) Connect the positive red wire to the positive terminal.
16) Route the wiring for the passenger side angel eyes along the chassis as it shows below.
17) Route the wiring for the driver side angel eye over the top and to the other side as the picture shows. Move the Blue trigger wire towards the upper driver side engine compartment.
18) Remove the four (4) T25 Torx screws to remove the cover of the driver side compartment.
19) Tap the Blue wire from the relay to the Red with white stripe with yellow/gold stripes wire in the wiring loom.
*NOTE: Wire taps are not provided*
20) Repeat steps 1 through 12 on the passenger side headlight and connect the wiring together. Secure all loose wires with zip ties and test the lights. Enjoy your new LED angel eyes!
Diagrams of BMW Angel Eyes (Click on picture to enlarge )
- Search by Vehicle
Search by Bulb Size
Bulbs & Applications
Vehicle Specific Product
- Special Deal